Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fine Art Printmaking

...and another. This is actually the first print on Rives BFK paper (13"x13") I did for the senior thesis project series I am currently working on. I am a sucker for the traditional complementary color schemes and as red is my favorite color, I really enjoy this piece.

Every day I print seems to get better but I am always scared that I am going to lose my touch or forget how I made something. It's dumb because the prints always turn out better when I invent new ways to make them, but the anxiety and adrenaline comes just the same. I feel like I am competing with myself, with my work from the days before. Everyday I try to make better artwork. We'll see how this week goes.

22 days until my show opens...

1 comment:

  1. WHAT must I do to have this? Oh my gosh, it is just gorgeous!!!!! Seriously, my birthday is coming...or name your price ;-).

    ReplyDelete