Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love and Marriage

I don't know if there's a lot more I can say about this picture. It kind of speaks for itself. What I can't believe is how perfect of an engagement ring it is for me. It is white topaz and there are diamonds on the prongs in a silver setting. I love it!


The Scoop:
Conor proposed last night at the Broadmoor. He told me when I got back (from that drawing class in the mountains) that he wanted to take me out for a nice dinner to celebrate me coming home. Ok, Conor and I have been talking about getting married for a while, but I didn't think this was all gonna happen last night. I was just excited to be going out on a sweet date!


We got to the restaurant, Charles Court, half an hour early. He said we could just walk around for a bit. I was like, ok I'm starving- but how often do you get to go on a date at the Broadmoor? 5 Star hotels really get me going. Funny.


We came into this decked out room with a mongo fireplace and a fountain. It was like a living room from...well, nowhere I've ever been or imagined. I sat down in one of the chairs and Conor came over and sat down beside me. He pulled out a letter he had written about 6 months ago when we first started dating. It was still sealed. It was a letter to God and he had written down all of the things he wanted for our relationship and for me (I wrote one too but it's a rambling, tangent riddled entry in my personal journal. Not quite so smooth).


It is the most perfect letter a girl could ever receive. Made me want to cry, well I kinda did about 5 seconds later when he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. As I was saying "Yes, yes, of course! Conor, You!" gushing basically, he pulled out this ring from his pocket (designer: Stephen Webster). I was speechless. Really I didn't know what to say for a minute. There was a lot of gasping.


Then we went to dinner and he told me all about where he got the ring and when he went to talk to my dad about marrying me etc. It was an awesome night. I will never forget it. I never knew "happy" could be this good.




2 comments:

  1. Megan! We are so happy for you and Conor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Long live Love! May God bless your life together!!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete