Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rocks Drawing

I did this 6.5"x11" ink drawing with reed pen on paper on my day off in Buena Vista last month. I wanted to do a "medium" length drawing meaning that it is neither a quick 15 minute drawing or a 2 day long drawing. I took about five or six hours on it.

I was up at my friend Holly's house that weekend with some other people from the Winter Landscape drawing class. We drove about 15 minutes to get away from the tiny-for-seven-people cabin we were staying in at the Mt. Princeton hot springs.
We had Sunday off so we drove only 15 minutes to stay at Holly's and enjoyed having a full kitchen and our own beds for 2 nights.

It is beautiful up there in the mountains just above Buena Vista and the views are amazing of course. The collegiate peaks are part of the Sawatch Range of massive mountains (all above 14,000 ft.) just outside of town.

Below: where I sat to observe the above drawing. I came up with the idea for the composition from sitting in the hot tub earlier that morning...yeah, life is rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment