Sunday, April 10, 2011

Monument Creek

This view of Monument Creek, from the northern most bridge in Monument Valley Park, is one that I have wanted to paint for a long time. I have been jogging or walking by this scene, usually stopping to take a look, for about ten years. Interestingly, the creek itself has not always been among the most attractive places in Colorado Springs. For the longest time it smelled like a port-o-potty! Fortunately, I haven't noticed the stench in a while (probably due to some much needed landscaping to make the water run faster, I guess). 

Anyway, I captured this scene last summer, sitting on the bridge in the early afternoon with my paints at my side and my canvas propped up against the railing. I hope sometime to paint the creek at sunset! Excited for warm weather? Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment