Friday, April 22, 2011

The Weirdest Pregnant Lady You've Ever Met in the U.S.A

Well, I've never been pregnant before, and I am sure if I had been I would still think it was the craziest experience of my life. It seems like I waited so long to start "showing" in order to have pregnant lady rights. You know, better parking spots at the grocery store, cutting in line, making my husband lift anything heavier than a baby, taking naps, and eating a ton....ugh.

The truth is, I have never felt so averse to food in general in my life! And it is not due to nausea, although I sympathise with all the poor women who have battled morning sickness throughout their pregnancies. I was one of the lucky ones this time. Yeah, start hating me, I only threw up a total of four times since I found out I was "with child." Anyway, the point of this post is my need to express how often food disrupts my day (and night) and how uncreative I have become in the kitchen due to my constant need to fix myself something to eat.

Note: I buy the large 32 oz yogurt containers now...three (no wait- four) at a time. Since I am hungry all through the night, I get up to pee and eat yogurt about twice a night. Sometimes I can't see very well due to the fact that I was just sleeping, so I have found it easiest to take out the whole tub of yogurt, plop down on the nearest patch of carpet or rug (I occasionally sit in a chair if it is already pulled out) and dig in with a spoon. I never EVER in my entire life imagined myself behaving in such a way!

So while people ask me if I am enjoying my food these days, I say that I am but only to be polite. I really feel like I am force feeding myself all day long. However, I eat for my baby and that makes every trip to the fridge at night worth it. And really, there could be much worse for me to moan about. Everyone is different, but this is how I am adjusting to pregnant life. Not too much longer now and it will all pay off. We are expecting our little person any day now!

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is going to be so healthy!Now, what did you say her name was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make pregnant look like a lovely past-time! And don't be surprised if your little one has a yogurt addiction as a small child... ha! Oooh- we are counting the days!

    ReplyDelete