Monday, February 13, 2012

Exploding with Joy

I can barely describe the happiness I felt and the joy that was exploding out of me when I painted this. Typical me, I decided to paint a vast landscape of the mountains and plains of Colorado.

This particular scene may be appreciated as you cruise down US-285 passing Crestone, Colorado. We took a little vacation there when Clio was about 3 months old. It was a nice place to get away. Really quirky and lots of hippies, so naturally that's where my alma mater's Baca campus is located.

I snapped a picture as we were driving home on a beautiful day in August (2011). Oh DANG IT! I just realized that I signed the painting today and dated it with a '11. Not a big deal. Ok.... anyway...

The mountains are always awesome and the Sangre de Cristo range was particularly stunning on this day. I will admit, however, that it was not the mountains that I was most excited to paint, but the clouds and the sky.

3 hour drive there...not her favorite
sleepin' with daddy
The sand dunes




UFO lookout platform
dipping our toes in the Arkansas R. on the way home




3 comments:

  1. That painting is gorgeous! But not quite as gorgeous as your little girl :) We can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious storyline of photos! The painting turned out great!

    ReplyDelete